The Locke Street Farmers Market is growing and we are looking for key volunteers to be part of the organizing committee for 2013 and beyond.
Heading into its fourth year, the Locke St Market is made up of a small but growing number of vendors and we are looking for folks to help us with various tasks.
As a volunteer, you’ll get to know some great local farmers, some of the fantastic local businesses and have an opportunity to see the behind-the-scenes action that make this market work.
We are looking for volunteers that have the following:
- Farmers are busy, busy folks so we are looking for volunteers that are team-players as well as self-starters.
- Folks who are keen on the local food scene.
- As with any great relationship, strong, effective communication skills go a long way.
- organizing Taste of Locke (a kick-off event for the market, we have local businesses offering appetizers featuring ingredients from the market)
- connecting with vendors
- social media updates
- attending meetings (mostly in the winter)
- help with distributing materials like postcards, etc.
- networking with organizations like FMO, etc
- other duties that come up
Contact: Russ, from Backyard Harvest / email@example.com